Hair loss can affect women just as much as men, with an estimate of around 6 million women in Britain experiencing hair loss or thinning hair. There are many factors that can cause this, such as hormonal changes, stress, heat-based styling products and over bleaching with hair dye.
But there are ways to help promote healthier and thicker looking hair, and certain styles and haircuts that you can choose to give the appearance of thicker looking hair.
- Don’t be afraid to go short! A pixie cut will instantly make your hair seem to have more volume. Although the length of the hair is shorter, the style adds fullness to thinning strands.
- Avoid layers, as this can actually make the hair look finer than it is. Try a blunt bob instead. The blunt ends of all one length create the illusion of thicker hair.
- Try a sweeping fringe. The style is focused around the hairline, so can disguise any thinning or receding in this area. It also frames the face and can act as a distraction from the rest of the hair where there is thinning.
- Although dying the hair continuously can cause more damage to the hair, if you wish to add colour it is worth thinking about which one. It is wise to avoid anything one dimensional as this will emphasise the thinning areas of the hair. Instead, opt for multiple tones of your natural colour, either in highlights or lowlights, to add depth to your hair.
- Add in accessories such as flowers and jewels. The extra items can hide finer parts of the hair, as well as adding volume to the style. Try a flower crown (not just for festivals) or place some bling into a loose braid or ponytail. A perfect look for exciting events.
As well as having a particular style to suit your thinning hair, you can try using our Natural Hair Loss Range specific from women’s hair. The natural active ingredients work together to stimulate and support natural hair growth and prevent further hair loss.